How window task manager group processes under an application?

Viewed 157

As titled, I am wondering how window task manager group processes into 1 application name. Please see below picture for what I want to do.

window task manager

I have checked out this post. Therefore, I have 2 questions.

  1. How to have an application process to house rest of the processes (including background process) in the task manager such that I can monitor the performance of the application at all
  2. How to rename that root application, and the icon since my application is spawning some python processes at background etc. I would like to name them as "company product" instead of "python" in the task manager.

Any guidelines will be appreciated.

Some more background:

  • In our application, we spawn many processes (python, postgres, redis etc)
  • Currently, we bundle the entire application as window application via inno setup
  • The actual start up process:
    • Launch a python script (__main__.py)
    • Create the necessary UI components
    • Create background processes like redis, postgres etc
0 Answers
Related