Should be an easy fix but I was wondering how to use an object that is created in main. I tried to say Human h; outside of main (or any other methods) so I could call it in other methods but because I am using static methods I can't use h. Right now with this code, java tells me that h cannot be found (in the human roll method.)
import java.util.Scanner;
class Main
{
// static Human h;
public static void main(String[] args)
{
Scanner scan = new Scanner(System.in);
Computer c = new Computer();
Human h = new Human();
System.out.println("Let's play PIG");
System.out.println("What is your name");
String name = scan.nextLine();
System.out.println("Hello" + " " + name + " " + "you can go first");
startGame(h, name);
}
public static void startGame(Human h, String name)
{
Scanner scan = new Scanner(System.in);
System.out.println("Press r to start your roll");
String rresponse = scan.nextLine();
if(!rresponse.equalsIgnoreCase("R"))
{
System.out.println("Try again");
startGame(h, name);
}
if(rresponse.equalsIgnoreCase("R"))
{
System.out.println("You pressed r, lets roll");
humanRoll(h, name);
}
}
public static void humanRoll(Human h, String name)
{
if(h.getRollNumh()==1)
{
System.out.println(name + " " + "you got a " + h.getRollNumh());
System.out.println("You got a score of" + h.getHumanTurnScore() + "this turn");
System.out.println("Here is your current overall score" + h.getHumanOverallScore());
System.out.println("Your rolled a one, now its the Computers' turn");
switchHuman();
}
}
}
If you need to see the Human class to provide context I can quickly respond and add it in but it's just instance variables, default constructors, overloaded constructors, accessor methods, and mutator methods.