Unable to enable VS 2019 Live Visual Tree. No option for "Enable UI Debugging Tools"

Viewed 1916

I wanted to use the Visual Studio 2019 (version 16.8.3) "Live Visual Tree today" in my WPF application. So I went into Tools >> Options >> Debug >> General and was surprised to discover that there was no checkbox for "Enable UI Debugging Tools" or anything like that. I know it used to be there. Now it's not.

I went through all the other Debug options and could see no similar option anywhere.

And when I debug now, although I can bring up the "Live Visual Tree" window, it tells me that "UI Debugging is either disabled, not supported by the current application, or the application execution is paused".

I do this when it is not paused, if that matters. My app is .NET 5.0 using WPF in C#.

So what happened to the Live Visual Tree?

1 Answers

The option on VS2019 is under Tools-->Options-->Debugging-->Hot Reload rather than Tools --> Options --> Debug --> General.

Then, check WPF option under Enable XAML Hot Reload.

enter image description here

Related