spring batch API to dynamically create tasks and steps

Viewed 139

Our application allows the users to dynamically assemble/construct Tasks and steps ( Remote calls to various services). Once the user has defined/constructed a Task with various Steps, the system will allow the Task to be run manually or scheduled.

To implement above functionality, what would it take to use spring batch for programmatically create a given Task and its constituent Steps ? I'm assuming that such tasks can be scheduled with the help of Quartz, etc.

I understand that spring XD and spring cloud watch incorporate similar features -- some pointers to the relevant XD codebase/examples(or any other project codebase) which would help in my task would help.

What considerations should I keep in mind ? Any gotchas ?

Currently not using any cloud platform but the next version will be deployed to a cloud platform.

Thanks very much.

0 Answers
Related