I want to handle this exception thrown from Circle.getArea() method using Aspectj.
Shape.java
package Shapes;
public class Circle {
private double radius;
public Circle(double radius) {
this.radius = radius;
}
public double getPerimeter(){
return 2 * Math.PI * this.radius;
}
public double getArea(){
return Math.PI * this.radius * this.radius;
}
}
Rectangle.java
package Shapes;
public class Rectangle {
private double width, height;
public Rectangle(double width, double height) {
this.width = width;
this.height = height;
}
public double getPerimeter() {
return 2 * (this.width + this.height);
}
public double getArea() {
return this.width * this.height;
}
}
Circle.java
package Shapes;
public class Circle {
private double radius;
public Circle(double radius) {
this.radius = radius;
}
public double getPerimeter() {
return 2 * Math.PI * this.radius;
}
public double getArea() {
throw new RuntimeException("Oops, I don't know how to calculate this :(");
}
}
Main.java
package Shapes;
public class Main {
public static void main(String[] args) {
try {
Shape s;
s = (Shape) new Rectangle(2, 10);
System.out.println("The area of " + s + " is " + s.getArea());
s = (Shape) new Rectangle(-2, 10);
System.out.println("The perimeter of " + s +" is " + s.getPerimeter());
s = (Shape) new Circle(-2);
System.out.println("The perimeter of " + s +" is " + s.getPerimeter());
s = (Shape) new Circle(2);
System.out.println("The area of " + s + " is " + s.getArea());
}
catch(Exception e) {
System.out.println("Error: " + e.getMessage());
}
}
}
Resolve.aj
package Shapes;
privileged public aspect Resolve {
declare parents: Rectangle implements Shape;
declare parents: Circle implements Shape;
public String Rectangle.getName(){
return "Rectangle";
}
public String Circle.getName(){
return "Circle";
}
public String Rectangle.toString(){
return this.getName()+"("+this.width+","+this.height+")";
}
public String Circle.toString(){
return this.getName()+"("+this.radius+")";
}
after() throwing(RuntimeException e) : execution(* Circle.*()){
handleException();
}
protected void handleException()
{
System.out.println("Error detected");
}
}
The current output is:
The area of Rectangle(2.0,10.0) is 20.0
The perimeter of Rectangle(-2.0,10.0) is 16.0
The perimeter of Circle(-2.0) is -12.566370614359172
Error detected
Error: Oops, I don't know how to calculate this :(
I want to avoid printing "Error: Oops, I don't know how to calculate this :(", and I need to get the real area of the circle object at the end. But, I cannot change any .java file. All changes should be using Resolve.aj file.