Artifactory jfrog cli: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority

Viewed 4273

Environment: Windows Server 2019

Attempting to use the jfrog cli to integrate with an Artifactory server, when I get this error

jfrog rt config example-company --url=$ARTIFACTORY_URL --user=$ARTIFACTORY_USER --password=$ARTIFACTORY_PASS
[Info] Encrypting password...
[Error] Get https://artifactory.example.com/api/security/encryptedPassword: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority

Navigating to https://artifactory.example.com/api/security/encryptedPassword in a browser shows that the TLS certificate is valid, however I get a different error:

{
  "errors" : [ {
    "status" : 404,
    "message" : "User not found: anonymous"
  } ]
}

ping commands also return TLS errors

jfrog rt ping --url=https://artifactory.example.com
[Error] Get https://artifactory.example.com/artifactory/api/system/ping: x509: certificate signed by unknown authority

Looking at the jfrog github issues, others have reported similar issues

https://github.com/jfrog/jfrog-cli/issues/277

I found a similar Stack Overflow question: Artifactory jfrog cli unable to authenticate but it does not describe the procedure to debug and how the solution was found so I do not know if it applies to my situation.

We are not using self-signed certificates. According to the Certificate Viewer in Google Chrome, the cert comes from Sectigo RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA.

How can I get the jfrog cli to connect to the Artifactory server?

2 Answers

I assume that you are using the Artifactory with self-signed certificates. You should add these certs in the JFrog CLI, kindly refer to this JFrog wiki for more insights. Place the certificates inside the security/certs directory, which is under JFrog CLI's home directory

Related