My database (PostgreSQL 11) has a function that must be called to execute an action. The return is not important, as long as there's no error. This function has arguments that must be passed as parameters.
I cannot directly use TFDConnection.ExecSQL because I use parameters of type array that is not supported by the method (to my knowledge). So, I use TFDQuery.ExecSQL like this:
msql1: = 'DO $$ BEGIN PERFORM DoIt (:id,:items); END $$; ';
{... create FDQuery (fq), set connection, set SQL.Text to msql1}
fq.Params.ParamByName ('id'). AsInteger: = 1;
{$ REGION 'items'}
fq.ParamByName ('items'). DataType: = ftArray;
fq.ParamByName ('items'). ArrayType: = atTable; // Must be atTable, not atArray
if length (items)> 0 then
begin
fq.ParamByName ('items'). ArraySize: = length (items);
for it: = 0 to length (items) -1 do
fq.ParamByName ('items'). AsIntegers [it]: = items [it];
end;
fq.ExecSQL;
{$ ENDREGION}
When executing the above code, the error above message raises
"Parameter 'id' not found".
After some research that suggested using fq.Params.ParamByName I was also unsuccessful.
However, if you change the way the function is called to
select DoIt (:id,:items); and obviously replacing the execution with fq.Open works perfectly.
Is it possible to execute a PL / pgSQL block that contains parameters in the function called by this block using TFDConnection / TFDQuery?
PS: I'm using Delphi Rio 10.3.3