Git installation causing issues with nodemon...localhost not starting

Viewed 28

I recent installed git using Homebrew on my mac. The install went ok. Went I went back to my text editor and tried to run npm start, localhost would not start automatically. When I type localhost:5000 manually (in my case), I just get the error from this line of code (app.js file). I have nodemon installed as a devDependency. Prior to the git install, everything was working fine.

app.use((req, res, next) => {
  const error = new HttpError('Could not find this route.', 404);
  throw error;
}); 

when I run npm start, these are the lines that are displayed...definitely different response than when git wasn't installed...

[nodemon] 2.0.6
[nodemon] to restart at any time, enter `rs`
[nodemon] watching path(s): *.*
[nodemon] watching extensions: js,mjs,json
[nodemon] starting `node app.js`

Since the server does seem to start with out errors, I wondering if the git install could effect how nodemon functions? Any guidance would be great

0 Answers
Related