I am trying to create custom table view cell which works fine in my other UIViewControllers. However, in one of my controllers, the shadow is not growing, I can barely see the shadow.
Here is an image of the shadow being shown in red, you can see it is barely visible.
My cell has a UIView added inside the contentView to creating floating cell effects - the same code and same storyboard layouts are being used across my controllers but this is the only table view where the shadow issue is occurring - so I must be missing something.
My addShadow extension:
extension UIView {
func addShadow(offset: CGSize, color: UIColor, radius: CGFloat, opacity: Float) {
layer.masksToBounds = false
layer.shadowOffset = offset
layer.shadowColor = color.cgColor
layer.shadowRadius = radius
layer.shadowOpacity = opacity
}
}
My awakeFromNib on the custom cell:
:: cellContentView is my UIView added to the base contentView of the cell.
override func awakeFromNib() {
super.awakeFromNib()
self.backgroundColor = .clear
self.selectionStyle = .none
cellContentView?.layer.masksToBounds = true
cellContentView?.round(corners: [.topLeft, .topRight, .bottomLeft, .bottomRight], radius: 10)
cellContentView?.addShadow(offset: CGSize(width: 40, height: 60), color: UIColor.red, radius: 10, opacity: 1)
cellContentView?.layer.shouldRasterize = true
}
Note: The .round is an extension being used on all my cells.
No matter what radius or offset I add for this shadow, it does not get bigger than the image. Also, none of my other cells in the their controllers require the shouldRasterize property to be set, but this does.
Does anyone know what is happening here? Thanks :)
Edit
Strangely, if I add constraints around my view to keep the gaps large between my view and the cell content view, the background colour disappears - this is set to white in the storyboard.

