So I'm currently working on a project that requires similar functionality to what you would expect in a floorplan designing application, and I need to be able to essentially draw a polygon (room) by connecting points generated on-click, with lines (walls).
I've found a few really great examples that resemble the functionality I'm looking for, but I'm unsure of how to approach implementing it as a functional react component.
I've seen Fabric.js and Konva.js used in a few other implementations of this kind of functionality, but I can't seem to be able to find a react example to use as a reference..
Below is an example I found on codepen using jQuery
var min = 99;
var max = 999999;
var polygonMode = true;
var pointArray = new Array();
var lineArray = new Array();
var activeLine;
var activeShape = false;
var canvas
$(window).load(function() {
prototypefabric.initCanvas();
$('#create-polygon').click(function() {
prototypefabric.polygon.drawPolygon();
});
});
var prototypefabric = new function() {
this.initCanvas = function() {
canvas = window._canvas = new fabric.Canvas('c');
canvas.setWidth($(window).width());
canvas.setHeight($(window).height() - $('#nav-bar').height());
//canvas.selection = false;
canvas.on('mouse:down', function(options) {
if (options.target && options.target.id == pointArray[0].id) {
prototypefabric.polygon.generatePolygon(pointArray);
}
if (polygonMode) {
prototypefabric.polygon.addPoint(options);
}
});
canvas.on('mouse:up', function(options) {
});
canvas.on('mouse:move', function(options) {
if (activeLine && activeLine.class == "line") {
var pointer = canvas.getPointer(options.e);
activeLine.set({
x2: pointer.x,
y2: pointer.y
});
var points = activeShape.get("points");
points[pointArray.length] = {
x: pointer.x,
y: pointer.y
}
activeShape.set({
points: points
});
canvas.renderAll();
}
canvas.renderAll();
});
};
};
prototypefabric.polygon = {
drawPolygon: function() {
polygonMode = true;
pointArray = new Array();
lineArray = new Array();
activeLine;
},
addPoint: function(options) {
var random = Math.floor(Math.random() * (max - min + 1)) + min;
var id = new Date().getTime() + random;
var circle = new fabric.Circle({
radius: 5,
fill: '#ffffff',
stroke: '#333333',
strokeWidth: 0.5,
left: (options.e.layerX / canvas.getZoom()),
top: (options.e.layerY / canvas.getZoom()),
selectable: false,
hasBorders: false,
hasControls: false,
originX: 'center',
originY: 'center',
id: id,
objectCaching: false
});
if (pointArray.length == 0) {
circle.set({
fill: 'red'
})
}
var points = [(options.e.layerX / canvas.getZoom()), (options.e.layerY / canvas.getZoom()), (options.e.layerX / canvas.getZoom()), (options.e.layerY / canvas.getZoom())];
line = new fabric.Line(points, {
strokeWidth: 2,
fill: '#999999',
stroke: '#999999',
class: 'line',
originX: 'center',
originY: 'center',
selectable: false,
hasBorders: false,
hasControls: false,
evented: false,
objectCaching: false
});
if (activeShape) {
var pos = canvas.getPointer(options.e);
var points = activeShape.get("points");
points.push({
x: pos.x,
y: pos.y
});
var polygon = new fabric.Polygon(points, {
stroke: '#333333',
strokeWidth: 1,
fill: '#cccccc',
opacity: 0.3,
selectable: false,
hasBorders: false,
hasControls: false,
evented: false,
objectCaching: false
});
canvas.remove(activeShape);
canvas.add(polygon);
activeShape = polygon;
canvas.renderAll();
} else {
var polyPoint = [{
x: (options.e.layerX / canvas.getZoom()),
y: (options.e.layerY / canvas.getZoom())
}];
var polygon = new fabric.Polygon(polyPoint, {
stroke: '#333333',
strokeWidth: 1,
fill: '#cccccc',
opacity: 0.3,
selectable: false,
hasBorders: false,
hasControls: false,
evented: false,
objectCaching: false
});
activeShape = polygon;
canvas.add(polygon);
}
activeLine = line;
pointArray.push(circle);
lineArray.push(line);
canvas.add(line);
canvas.add(circle);
canvas.selection = false;
},
generatePolygon: function(pointArray) {
var points = new Array();
$.each(pointArray, function(index, point) {
points.push({
x: point.left,
y: point.top
});
canvas.remove(point);
});
$.each(lineArray, function(index, line) {
canvas.remove(line);
});
canvas.remove(activeShape).remove(activeLine);
var polygon = new fabric.Polygon(points, {
stroke: '#333333',
strokeWidth: 0.5,
fill: 'red',
opacity: 1,
hasBorders: false,
hasControls: false
});
canvas.add(polygon);
activeLine = null;
activeShape = null;
polygonMode = false;
canvas.selection = true;
}
};
* {
font-family: "Roboto", sans-serif;
font-weight: 100;
}
body {
overflow: hidden;
}
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/fabric.js/4.2.0/fabric.min.js"></script>
<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/materialize/1.0.0/js/materialize.min.js"></script>
<link href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/materialize/1.0.0/css/materialize.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<nav class="grey darken-4" role="navigation" id="nav-bar" style="height:50px;">
<div class="nav-wrapper container">
<a id="logo-container" class="brand-logo" style="line-height: 50px;font-size: 20px;">Fabric Polygon</a>
<ul id="nav-mobile" class="right hide-on-med-and-down">
<li><a id="create-polygon" style="line-height: 50px;font-size: 20px;cursor:pointer;">Create Polygon</a></li>
</ul>
</div>
</nav>
<div class="section no-pad-bot no-pad-top">
<canvas id="c"></canvas>
</div>
And this is essentially the end functionality I'd like to achieve.
I really appreciate any help or advice!
