Is there a way to destructure a current state that has a specified shape? I have a current state in personJob but I want to able to specify which object to look at (when I click on a button that will slice that certain object and render only that data).
I get an error in TypeScript const {company, dates, duties, title} = personJob[value]; when I try to slice by that index
The error is:
Cannot destructure property 'company' of 'personJob[value]' as it is undefined.
Component:
import React, { useState, useEffect } from 'react';
import axios from 'axios';
const url = 'https://course-api.com/react-tabs-project';
interface IPerson {
id: string;
company: string;
dates: string;
duties: string[];
title: string;
}
function App() {
const [personJob, setPersonJob] = useState<IPerson[]>([]);
const [value, setValue] = useState<number>(0);
const fetchData = async () => {
const response = await axios(url);
setPersonJob(response.data);
};
useEffect(() => {
fetchData();
}, []);
const { company, dates, duties, title, id } = personJob[value];
return (
<main>
<h1>Jobs</h1>
{personJob.map((job, index) => {
return (
<button key={job.id} onClick={() => setValue(index)}>
{job.company}
</button>
);
})}
<section>
<article className="border-2 px-5 py-5">
<div key={id}>
<h2>{title}</h2>
<h3>{company}</h3>
<p>{dates}</p>
{duties.map((duty) => {
return <div>*** {duty}</div>;
})}
<button type="button">More Info</button>
</div>
</article>
</section>
</main>
);
}
export default App;