How do I add the axios package to my chrome extension I'm working on?

Viewed 4538

I'm trying to make a chrome extension and I wanted to use the axios package. When I try to test my code in chrome I get this error. I've installed the package by executing npm install axios in the console. Sorry if this is a rudimentary question, I don't really know what I am doing. Thanks for the help!

1 Answers

External modules like axios would need to be bundled into your chrome extension in order for it to work as you intend. You can use a bundler like webpack in order to do this, but there is a decent amount of configuration needed to get up and running.

I would recommend using the fetch API as an alternative. It's already freely available in chrome extensions and works in very similar way to axios.

A fuller code example comparing fetch to axios: https://blog.logrocket.com/axios-or-fetch-api/

Related