I am creating a git branch B off branch A.
$git checkout A
$git checkout -b B
I change some files in branch B, then
$git add <files>
$git commit -m "a message"
Then I create a tag while branch B is active
$git tag -a <tag_name>
I am still on local.
I then checkout branch A
$git checkout A
merge branch B into A
$git merge B
I push branch A
$git push origin A
then I push tags, while I am still in branch A
$git push origin tag <tag_name>
now if I list tags on remote, I see two tags by doing:
$git ls-remote --tags
<tag_name>
<tag_name>^{}
with ^{} appended to a second entry
Can someone explain what the reasons are here?
Why do I see two tags on remote?
On local, there is just one
$git tag -l
<tag_name>
Is the order I am doing this common? Or a different order suggested? I really just want a tag on Branch B (and all the files there).