How to create a Google Sheets AND formula that returns an array of TRUEs and FALSEs instead of a singular TRUE or FALSE?

Viewed 344

So here's what I have been trying to do.

I have written Formula 1 in cell A1:

=ARRAYFORMULA(Data!A1:A7="Angie")

And Formula 2 in cell B1:

=ARRAYFORMULA(Data!B1:B7<1000)

These two formulas return the following output:

A B C
1 TRUE TRUE TRUE
2 FALSE FALSE FALSE
3 FALSE TRUE FALSE
4 TRUE FALSE FALSE
5 FALSE FALSE FALSE
6 FALSE FALSE FALSE
7 TRUE TRUE TRUE

I am trying to combine these two formulas into one using the AND function in Cell C1 (column C is the expected output), but I'm having difficulty doing so.

Here is what I attempted:

=ARRAYFORMULA(AND(Data!A1:A7="Angie",Data!B1:B7<1000))

and also this:

=AND(ARRAYFORMULA(Data!A1:A7="Angie",Data!B1:B7<1000))

Both of them return a single FALSE value in cell C1 as opposed to an array output like the ones in columns A and B. I need an array output as I would be using it in conjunction with another formula. I am sure I must be missing something very important, and having difficulty zeroing in on it. Could you please help me?

1 Answers

AND is not supported under AF. use:

=ARRAYFORMULA((Data!A1:A7="Angie")*(Data!B1:B7<1000))
Related