autocomplete="off" not working on Edge version 87.0.664.60

Viewed 3254

Autocomplete="off" not working in Microsoft Edge latest version 87.0.664.60. The attribute is showing as being set, however, is not appearing to take effect. An example of this can be seen on https://www.w3schools.com/howto/tryit.asp?filename=tryhow_html_autocomplete_off.

Once you add values and submit, refresh the screen and start to retype values. I am finding this to be an issue in my current project

1 Answers

I'm facing this issue as well on a Mac with Version 90.0.818.62 (Official build) (64-bit). I played around with https://www.w3schools.com/howto/tryit.asp?filename=tryhow_html_autocomplete_off and I guess I found a workaround.

With the default I get the auto suggest even at the first input field, see screenshot.

While playing around with it I found out when I add another input field just behind for whatever weired reason the autocomplete doesn't appear for the input field where it was turned off, see screenshot. It can even be hidden. Form looks like this:

<form action="/action_page.php">
  First name: <input type="text" name="fname" autocomplete="off"><input type="text" name="dummy" style="display:none"><br>
  Last name: <input type="text" name="lname" autocomplete="on"><br>
  <input type="submit">
</form>

Also the auto suggest for the second fields looks a little different, see screenshot. Maybe it's a different mode in Edge?!

Related