data studio - compare data from different columns

Viewed 824

I have a table which records money spent on different things during a trip to a different city.trip costs

It has date, city, and money spent on different things. Now I want to compare the cost in each category for a specific city. For example, city A. I want to make something like a pie chart, like the following

sample pie chart

However, I don't know if it is possible to make such pie chart from data in different columns. If it is impossible, is there some other ways that I can visualise the comparison of different cost in one city in other types of charts or graphs?

1 Answers

Since the amount expended is a related column (you may want to aggregate this data), you probably want to adjust your Data Source to something like this:

Normalized Data Source

This way, it will be easy to use standard Data Studio controls to break-down your dimensions, as follows:

Pie chart using breakdown dimensions

I made this report in Data Studio as an example:

Related