I have a data source consisting of date, URL, and metric (number) which changes for each URL from date to date.
So I built a report with this setup:
- date as Date Range Dimension,
- URL as Dimension,
- metric (average) as Metric,
- default date range as today,
- comparison between date and previous time period.
With this setup, I got the metric for today for each URL and the comparison between today and yesterday. This works like a charm.
Then I wanted to see the average metric for today in comparison to yesterday and changed the setup to this:
- date as Date Range Dimension,
- date as Dimension,
- metric (average) as Metric (to see the average metric for today and comparison of it with yesterday)
Now I see the average metric's value for today, as it should - but no comparison value.
What am I doing wrong? How do I display the comparison of metric between then date and the previous time period?
EDIT 1: Here is report link with editing rights. And here is the data source - Google Sheets document.
On the screenshot you see:
- in the top table every URL with its today's metric and comparison to yesterday,
- in the bottom table you see the date with the average metric for today - but no comparison value.
Edit 2: I added to the data source (Google Sheets) an additional column where the date is 100% correctly recognized by Google Sheets as date (not as DateTime, as in original column). But no success here too.
