I'm facing an issue when I try to implement this:https://www.gatsbyjs.com/docs/gatsby-link/#add-custom-styles-for-the-currently-active-link using the ActiveClassName option.
I have created a navbar.js component which contains the links:
import React from "react";
import { Link } from "gatsby";
import navbarStyles from "./navbar.module.css";
export default function Navbar() {
return (
<nav className={navbarStyles.navbar}>
<ul>
<li>
<Link to="/contact/" activeClassName="active">
Contact
</Link>
</li>
<li>
<Link to="/blog/" activeClassName="active">
Blog
</Link>
</li>
</ul>
</nav>
);
}
and Styles are in a navbar.module.css (where I've defined a 'active' class) :
/* navbar */
nav ul li a {
color: #FFF;
}
nav ul li a.active {
color: #000;
}
My navbar link default color is correct #FFF My link is correctly updated with the active class when I go to the corresponding page, eg. :
<a aria-current="page" class="active" href="/contact/">Contact</a>
But .active style is never applied to the active link :( (Black color)
Strange thing here, when I extract the '.active' CSS from navbar.module.css and put it in my global.css file, things are working!
How can I make things work keeping my styles in the CSS modules?
Thanks for your help