My border radius does not show if I have the property of border-collapse on the table tag. I need the border-radius property on and if I remove the border-collapse property I don't get the look I want which is the grey sections to go to the very edge of the table.
What is the solution to this and whats the cause of it?
Thanks in advance
* {
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
box-sizing: border-box;
}
table {
/*if i comment out the border-collapse property it then shows my radius*/
border-collapse: collapse;
margin: 25px 0;
width: 50%;
border-radius: 5px;
font-size: 1.4rem;
min-width: 400px;
border: 1px solid #c3c3c3;
/*margin is just for demo*/
margin: 20px 20px;
}
table tr {
border-bottom: solid 1px #d1d1d1;
}
table tr:nth-child(odd) {
background-color: #eee;
}
table td {
padding: 10px 15px;
}
table td:first-of-type {
font-weight: 600;
}
<table>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td>Application</td>
<td>Natural gas & LPG</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Standards</td>
<td>BS EN ISO 9001:2008 - EN 331:1998</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Connection</td>
<td>BSP Taper F</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Finish</td>
<td>Plated</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
very