Python: Venv has different pip version than Windows that doesn't allow installing packages

Viewed 109

I have installed Python 3.9 and have a problem with installing packages via pip.

python -V returns Python 3.9.1

pip -V returns pip 20.2.3 from c:\users\joasa\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages\pip (python 3.9)

When I do pip install numpy for example, I see numpy normally installed, when I later type pip freeze.

In PyCharm -> Project Intrepreter I create a VirtualEnv Environment with Base Interpreter C:\Users\joasa\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\python.exe.

However, when I activate my venv and then do pip -V, what I see is

pip 20.3.1 from C:\Users\joasa\Path-to-project\venv\lib\site-packages\pip (python 3.9) (venv)

And if I do pip install numpy in my venv, I see this warning:

WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: WRONG_VERSION_NUMBER] wrong version number (_ssl.c:1123)'))': /simple/pip/

I have added in my Environmental Variables-> System Variables-> Path, both

C:\Users\joasa\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39
C:\Users\joasa\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39\Scripts

Why does the venv get a different version of pip and why I get this messages and can't install anything? I can't even downgrade it to pip 20.2.3 because I get this warning message. How can I solve it?

0 Answers
Related