I am runing nginx in docker over ssl, when I try to access using url I get below error
root@54a843786818:/# curl --location --request POST 'https://10.1.1.100/login' \
> --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
> --data-raw '{
> "username": "testuser",
> "password": "testpassword"
> }'
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
More details here: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html
curl failed to verify the legitimacy of the server and therefore could not
establish a secure connection to it. To learn more about this situation and
how to fix it, please visit the web page mentioned above.
With No check certificate option it is working
curl -k --location --request POST 'https://10.1.1.100/login' --header 'Content-Type: application/json' --data-raw '{
"username": "testuser",
"password": "testpassword"
}'
{"access_token": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk", "refresh_token": "qqqqqqqqqoooooooooxxxx"}
My Config file
root@54a843786818:/# cat /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/api.conf
server {
listen 443 ssl;
listen [::]:443 ssl;
ssl_certificate /root/certs/my_hostname.my.domain.name.com.pem;
ssl_certificate_key /root/certs/my_hostname.my.domain.name.com.key;
location / {
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header HOST $http_host;
proxy_pass http://10.1.1.100:5000;
proxy_redirect off;
}
}
I am suspecting something wrong with my certificates setup.
Below are steps exactly I followed it.
1) Taken private key and removed password using below commands
# openssl rsa -in my_hostname.my.domain.name.com_password_ask.key -out my_hostname.my.domain.name.com.key
2) Converted .crt file .pem
# openssl x509 -in my_hostname.my.domain.name.com.crt -out my_hostname.my.domain.name.com.pem -outform PEM
3) Next copied .pem and .key and pasted under /root/certs on nginx docker container using cat and vim editor
4) Verified private keys and public keys are matching below are the commands used
root@54a843786818:~/certs# openssl rsa -noout -modulus -in my_hostname.my.domain.name.com.key | openssl md5
(stdin)= xcccxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
root@54a843786818:~/certs# openssl x509 -noout -modulus -in my_hostname.my.domain.name.com.pem | openssl md5
(stdin)= xcccxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I got below certs separately, not sure I need bundle them, if yes what is the command
1) Certificate.pem
2) private_key
3) ca_intermediate_certificate.pem
4) ca_trusted_root
Can someone help me to fix the issue, I am not sure what I am doing wrong, Is there way I can validate my certificates and check those are able to serve https
or other than certificate, is there any issues like config, setup,