When I use plain UserDefaults without any other frameworks and not with NSUbiquitousKeyValueStore, will the UserDefaults be kept in iCloud after deletion of the app from the phone and restored from iCloud upon reinstallation of that app?
I have read in the docs that generally UserDefaults are included in the (iCloud) backup. So if a user installs the app, the app then stores some UserDefaults, the user makes an iCloud backup and then restores the phone from that backup, the UserDefaults should be there again.
But what if the user purposefully deletes my app from their phone and then reinstalls it from the store, will the UserDefaults still be there (restored from iCloud) or are they wiped out with the app deletion and not coming back with the reinstallation?
Would the user have to additionally delete the iCloud data of my app from the iCloud settings app to get rid of the UserDefaults or does it come with deleting the app (not moving to App Library)?
I basically want to start from zero after a user removes the app from the phone.
Is this different between iOS 13 and iOS 14?