The problem
I'm trying to run the cordapp-example ("Basic" folder), but when I try to do that I get stuck at the deployNodes instruction by the following top error:
$ ./gradlew deployNodes
Starting a Gradle Daemon, 1 busy and 1 stopped Daemons could not be reused, use --status for details
> Task :workflows-java:deployNodes
Running Cordform task
Deleting C:\Users\auriaad\Desktop\JavaTest\samples-java\Basic\cordapp-example\workflows-java\build\nodes
Bootstrapping local test network in C:\Users\auriaad\Desktop\JavaTest\samples-java\Basic\cordapp-example\workflows-java\build\nodes
Generating node directory for Notary
Generating node directory for PartyA
Generating node directory for PartyB
Generating node directory for PartyC
2020-12-09 13:45:08,526 Execution worker for ':' Thread 4 INFO Cannot initialize scripting support because this JRE does not support it. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/script/ScriptEngineManager
at org.apache.
The first time it was showing off errors continuously (at "executing" stage, 38%) and it almost crashed my machine because of resources consumption; so I stopped the process and made it run again, getting the aforementioned error.
What I tried
- I checked I set the environment correctly, it appeared so.
- I reinstalled the JDK and the JRE, hotspot version.
- I deleted the folder of the sample and cloned it again
Additional info
$ java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_275"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 1.8.0_275-b01)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (AdoptOpenJDK)(build 25.275-b01, mixed mode)
- Windows 10
- JDK 8
- IntelliJ
- Gradle 5.6.4
I can't spot the problem, can you help me?