I am using ASP.NET Core to make a web application that also uses SignalR Core to provide real time functionality. I use Azure AD B2C for user management. I have successfully used Microsoft.Identity.Web (https://github.com/AzureAD/microsoft-identity-web) to secure my API endpoints using tokens generated by Azure AD B2C.
I would like to do the same for my SignalR Core hubs. The documentation reads to add the appropriate annotation to your hubs/methods, which I have done. SignalR's client side library adds the access token as a query parameter which must be extracted and added to the context manually in the configuration of your ASP.NET core application, like so.
services.AddAuthentication(options =>
{
options.DefaultAuthenticateScheme = JwtBearerDefaults.AuthenticationScheme;
options.DefaultChallengeScheme = JwtBearerDefaults.AuthenticationScheme;
})
.AddJwtBearer(options =>
{
options.Events = new JwtBearerEvents
{
OnMessageReceived = context =>
{
var accessToken = context.Request.Query["access_token"];
// If the request is for our hub...
var path = context.HttpContext.Request.Path;
if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(accessToken) &&
(path.StartsWithSegments("/hubs/chat")))
{
// Read the token out of the query string
context.Token = accessToken;
}
return Task.CompletedTask;
}
};
});
However, this seems to be incompatible with the configuration supplied by Microsoft.Identity.Web, here:
services
.AddAuthentication(JwtBearerDefaults.AuthenticationScheme)
.AddMicrosoftIdentityWebApi(Configuration.GetSection("AzureAdB2C"));
How can I make SignalR work with Microsoft.Identity.Web?