How can I force Vuelidate to re-check a validation?
My use case is that I have a form field where a user can enter the name of a remote directory and I have a Vuelidate validation which checks with the server if that directory exists
validations: {
directory: {
exists(value) {
return checkExistsOnServer(value).then(result => result.directoryExists)
}
}
}
This works as expected when the directory field is updated. However, other actions in the app can affect whether this directory exists on the server, so I need a way to be able to manually force this check to re-run in response to various events on the page. How can I force this exists check to be re-run without changing the value of the directory field?
From the docs, I thought that calling this.$v.directory.$touch() would do it, but it doesn't seem to. I've also tried calling $reset() before $touch().
I've created this JSFiddle showing my current unsuccessful attempt.