I'm new to glTF and I would have a very basic, and maybe naive, question. Sorry, and thanks for your understanding and your help.
We have a C++ application where we handle geometry primitive entities, like boxes, cones, cylinders, and so forth.
For visualizing the geometry entities we currently use Coin3D, which have corresponding geometry shapes: Box, Cone, ...
We now would like to add a glTF exporter too, and I have started to explore the glTF specs. I must say, in the official documentation, and on the web, I could not find any support in glTF for basic geometry shapes.
Therefore, my questions are:
is that true, that glTF has no notion of, let's say, a Box, or a Cone? Or did I missed something obvious?
If the answer to 1) is "NO", are there tested/supported/suggested implementations for basic shapes? I have only found some "example" shapes, like the Box here; but I could not find any collection of implementations of basic shapes. Again, did I miss something?
Are there any best practices, or documentation, on how to implement basic geometry shapes in glTF?
