I have a table of "top tippers". Names in Row G and tip amounts in Row H. I wanted to conditionally format the entire table so the top tipper is gold and the lowest tipper is white, going down in a color scale. Simple enough with the numbers column using the built in Conditional Formatting, but I want each cell in the names column to match the cell color of the cell to the right of it. It's not as simple as just choosing the color for each cell because the Top Tipper will change every time a big tip comes in. (And it might become rather a long list!)
At the moment the names column is just white and the numbers column is doing the scale beautifully. Any ideas? Happy to do it manually whilst I'm inputting data if there's an easy shortcut that doesn't involve changing the color of each individual cell.
The table in question:
