Our app uses universal links and the AASA file seems to be working fine because hyperlinks in emails, as well as QR coded URLs both launch the app. They both also cause the SwiftUI .onOpenURL(perform:) function to be called.
Things are a bit more confusing with NFC. The URL is recognised and the app launches, suggesting the issue is not related to AASA. However, the onOpenURL function is not called. Can anyone tell me how to handle universal links from NFC? Ideally I'd like to keep it pure SwiftUI but if I need to use the AppDelegate so be it.
The code in the main SwiftUI file is:
import SwiftUI
@main
struct MyApp: App {
@UIApplicationDelegateAdaptor(AppDelegate.self) var appDelegate
var body: some Scene {
WindowGroup {
ContentView()
.onOpenURL(perform: { url in
print("url opened:\(url)")
// prints when opened from URL in email,
// Notes or QR code, but not when opened
// from URL embedded in NFC NDEF
})
}
}
}
I have also tried defining the application(_:continue:restorationHandler:) function in the AppDelegate, but that doesn't get called either.
Thanks for any help.