Scene Builder Editor displaying weird characters

Viewed 1771

Scene Builder weird characters

I just installed Scene Builder and my editor looks like this. Can't read anything. I assume somehow I am missing the font the editor tries to use?

2 Answers

So in case anyone encounters this problem. I quickly realized this is not a Scene Builder but a general JavaFX problem. Somehow my Segoe UI font was corrupted or something. I un-/reinstalled it and the characters are displayed normally now.

I had the same issue and just resolved it a few moments ago. Originally, I was running an older version of the JavaFX SDK (version 11) and as soon as I upgraded to version 16 and added this line

(xmlns="javafx.com/javafx" xmlns:fx="javafx.com/fxml/1")
in my .fxml file, everything became okay.

The strange characters and symbols no longer show when I run the scene, but they are still visible in the Intellij Scene Builder environment. That's okay though, since I can create my scenes in the formal Scene Builder application and simply import them in.

Related