I can't find "name" attribute while inspecting input elements of google form. How to find it?

Viewed 2307

I have a html form from which I want to store data to google spreadsheet. I created google form but when I try to inspect name attribute to link it with HTML form attribute, I couldn't find any. I want name="entry.###" attribute. Here is what I say when I inspect an input element:

<input type="text" class="quantumWizTextinputPaperinputInput exportInput" jsname="YPqjbf" autocomplete="off" tabindex="0" aria-labelledby="i1" aria-describedby="i2 i3" dir="auto" data-initial-dir="auto" data-initial-value="">
3 Answers

You can obtain the name attribute if you create a pre-filled link of type https://docs.google.com/forms/d/XXX/prefill

Right-click into one of the answer fields and select Inspect

You should see an element as following:

<input type="text" class="quantumWizTextinputPaperinputInput exportInput" 
jsname="YPqjbf" autocomplete="off" tabindex="0" aria-label="Untitled question"
 aria-describedby="i.desc.1567593859 i.err.1567593859" name="entry.975751923"
 value="" dir="auto" data-initial-dir="auto" data-initial-value="" aria-invalid="false">

I hade the same issue as the OP. I was puzzled by ziganotschka's reply, but I figured out that the three-dot menu in Google Forms shows the option "get prefilled link". Then, the name attribute is shown.

The guy up is right...tap the three dots and then get prefilled link then inspect the name in

Related