I have the following issue:
Everyday I have runs that are executed from a certain timestamp till another one. I want to show every run (beginning and end) on the same graph. I have the following code as test setup.
{
"$schema": "https://vega.github.io/schema/vega-lite/v2.json",
"description": "Customizing time scale domain.",
"data": {
"values": [
{
"a": "December 17, 2020 15:40:00",
"b": 5,
"c": "December 18, 2020 01:40:00"
},
{
"a": "December 18, 2020 22:10:00",
"b": 30,
"c": "December 19, 2020 06:10:00"
}
]
},
"mark": "rule",
"encoding": {
"x": {
"timeUnit": "hoursminutes",
"field": "a",
"type": "temporal",
"axis": {"title": "hours"}
},
"x2": {"timeUnit": "hoursminutes", "field": "c", "type": "temporal"},
"y": {"field": "b", "type": "quantitative"}
}
}
When displaying the graph the values of a and c are switched (because the axis only goes from 00:00 - 23:59).
I could use yearmonthdatehoursminutes as timeunit instead of hoursminutes but i only care about the hours a process starts and when they end.
Does anyone have some ideas how to tackle this issue?
Follow up question: What about the following situation here
In this case we have multiple jobs per execution (= column b). Since jobs can run during midnight and the second job starts after midnight they get displayed wrong.
Any idea how to tackle this?
Thanks!
