I have a function who send a message to the server to get the answer and if the answer is true I want my application to send an error to the user. The problem is that I can't manage to await the callback in the Fetch function I wrote. This is the function who send the question to the server.
async donglePaired(){
if (Platform.OS !=='ios'){
var pairedDevices = await BluetoothScanner.getPairedDevices();
console.log('Sending........');
let data={
data:pairedDevices,
};
new Api().fetch("bluetoothCheck",{devices:JSON.stringify(data),userid:this.state.probe.UID},(result) => {
if (!result.err) return false;
console.log("Dongle already paired");
return true;
//logNetworkState
});
}
}
This is the Api.fetch function i wrote
fetch(action,data,cb){
let url=Config.URL+"?version="+Config.VERSION+"&action="+action;
let post="";
let formData=new FormData();
for(let k in data) formData.append(k,data[k]);
for(let k in data) post+="&"+k+"="+encodeURIComponent(data[k]).replace(/%20/g,'+');
console.log(url+post);
console.log(url);
if (data.batch) console.log(data.batch);
let sending=true;
fetch(url,{
method: 'post',
body: formData
})
.then(function(response){
if (true) return response.json();
let txt=response.text();
console.log(txt);
return JSON.parse(txt);
})
.then(
(result)=>{
if (!sending) return;
sending=false;
console.log(JSON.stringify(result));
if (cb) cb(result);
},
(error)=>{
if (!sending) return;
sending=false;
console.log("fetch error");
console.log(error);
if (cb) cb();
}
);
setTimeout(()=>{
console.log("http timeout")
if (!sending) return console.log("nothing to abort");
if (cb) cb();
},Config.HTTP_TIMEOUT*1000)
}
}
And this is my main code where I wait for the first function donglePaired, and if donglePaired return true I send an error to the user.
let donglePaired = await this.props.app.donglePaired();
if (donglePaired) return this.props.app.setError("ERR_DONGLE");
The problem is that the program doesnt wait for donglePaired, despite of the await