I am having trouble fully understanding the documentation at https://www.npmjs.com/package/react-leaflet-heatmap-layer/v/1.0.4 to construct a heatmap layer over my leaflet map based on demographic numbers from my database. I know how to construct the code for me to display the heat map and how to format the json file from the server... there's only thing I am having a lot of trouble understanding. How am I supposed to calculate the intensity values for each coordinate?
Below are the examples from the documentation. The code doesn't set the "max" or "min" intensity values, so the max is set to a default of 3.0 (according to the documentation). Yet in the JSON, there are intensity values of over 500. It doesn't make sense to me:
Example of react-leaflet map and react-leaflet-heatmap-layer layer
Example of format of json file of coordinate points for heatmap
Does anyone have any idea how to use react-leaflet-heatmap-layer and, specifically, how I should go about calculating the intensity values? I was thinking of creating a formula to assign it a value between the min and max intensity... but it seems as if the max and min intensities do not seem to matter as seen in the example!