Hello StackOverflow Community,
I recently discovered Java Instrumentation and what great things you can do with it, so I decided to write a small library for me that simplifies some of these things.
I have the following method (simplified):
public static void editClass(Class<*> clazz) {
...
}
It adds a transformer via Instrumentation that transforms the bytecode of loaded classes with the name of clazz.getName().
So in my premain method, I can say
editClass(Foo.class);
My problem is, by specifying the class via a reference to it (.class), this class gets loaded before the transformer is added, so after that, I have to retransform the class which prevents me from adding/removing methods and so on.
So, is there a way to not load the class when using this class reference? Or an other way to implement this? I know that I could just pass the class name as an argument, but I would really like to make this whole library type-safe and make refactoring easier.
Thanks in advance!