Events generated by Bot Framework telemetry not appearing in Application Insights

Viewed 324

I'm trying to add additional telemetry to a Bot Framework Bot hosted in Azure.

I've been through Microsoft documentation to add telemetry to your bot but when I look at my customEvents within Application Insights, none of the events generated by the Bot framework service are appearing, eg. BotMessageReceived.

I've been through all of the debugging steps I can think of, including:

  • Checked my code compared to the docs, the code in the startup.cs matches and I've added it into the dialogs too
  • Checking the InstrumentationKey value
  • Creating a new Application Insights API key

Events are being added into customEvents, see below, just not the events generated by the bot framework service.

Custom events query result

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

1 Answers
  • Might wanna check and disabling application insight(app service) in the bot , so there won't be duplication , that might affect the event feeding enter image description here

  • The bot service might be using a private link and that's why it cannot feed the Application Insights and send telemetry , try removing or approving the private link connectivity of the application insight (check it from the Private Link Center / private endpoint connections).

enter image description here

further info on private link troubleshooting : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/private-link/troubleshoot-private-link-connectivity

Related