When I try to set up a cluster with docker swarm I receive this error:
$ docker logs 6ea0f7290cb0
2020-11-30 10:46:08+00:00 [Note] [Entrypoint]: Entrypoint script for MySQL Server 1:10.5.8+maria~focal started.
2020-11-30 10:46:08+00:00 [Note] [Entrypoint]: Switching to dedicated user 'mysql'
2020-11-30 10:46:08+00:00 [Note] [Entrypoint]: Entrypoint script for MySQL Server 1:10.5.8+maria~focal started.
2020-11-30 10:46:08+00:00 [ERROR] [Entrypoint]: Database is uninitialized and password option is not specified
You need to specify one of MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD, MYSQL_ALLOW_EMPTY_PASSWORD and MYSQL_RANDOM_ROOT_PASSWORD
What is weird because if I use the docker-compose tool, everything works well.
To replicate this problem follow the steps below.
Create a .env file:
DB_NAME=nest
DB_USERNAME=nest
DB_PASSWORD=nest
DB_ROOT_PASSWORD=nest
Create a docker-compose.yml file:
version: '3.8'
services:
db:
image: mariadb
environment:
MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD: "${DB_ROOT_PASSWORD}"
If I use the command docker-compose up -d, I can check that everything works well with the docker-compose ps command:
$ docker-compose ps
Name Command State Ports
--------------------------------------------------------------
db-debug_db_1 docker-entrypoint.sh mysqld Up 3306/tcp
If I use the command docker stack deploy -c docker-compose.yml db, I can check that the database is not started with the command docker service ls:
$ docker service ls
ID NAME MODE REPLICAS IMAGE PORTS
ux1p4k6vwiyh db_db replicated 0/1 mariadb:latest