zsh: command not found: nx

Viewed 21676

I am trying to create a library in Angular using nx g @nrwl/angular:lib shared but it keep giving me error zsh: command not found: nx. All I did was before just create a angular project. I try using this: npm install -g nx so maybe it install nx and it works, but I still keep getting the same error.

How can I fix this? I am using Mac. If any questions or information needed please feel free to leave the comment down below.

6 Answers

Try this: Install it globally by below command 100% will work

sudo npm i -g @nrwl/cli

remove -g if you don't want to install globally.

Either you don't have refreshed your zsh paths, which can be fixed by opening a new terminal or type

rehash

in the prompt.

If this doesn't work then nx isn't globally installed on your machine. You have to type npm run nx [your command] instead of just "nx" to use it, so in your case:

npm run nx -- g @nrwl/angular:lib shared

Sources: https://nx.dev/latest/angular/cli/overview#installing-the-cli

sudo npm install -g nx fixed, sudo might be needed...

Installing the nrwl cli globally should do the trick, you'll need to enter the super user mode to do it.

sudo npm i -g @nrwl/cli

Alternative solutions can be found on the guide on the Nx Website here

https://nx.dev/l/a/tutorial/01-create-application

Do we really need to install @nrwl/cli ?

Just installing the nx resolve the issue for me

sudo npm install -g nx@latest

Try this:

yarn global add @nrwl/cli
Related