Some residue memory never released with ARC?

Viewed 32

I have done my best to make sure that views are released when they are no longer needed and when pushing the app and then looking at the Debug Memory Graph I see that no objects are present that shouldn't be there. However when I look at the memory graph I can see that although the graph does sometimes bump back down, it still slowly trends upwards. An example is attached.

I am new to building large projects in iOS and am mostly asking is this normal? Is it simply impossible to free all used memory with ARC? Or is there still more debugging to be done here?

(app starts at ~15MB, ends up at 20.1MB)

memory chart, starts at 15mb and climbs to 20.1mb in small increments with some bumps going downwards

1 Answers

Starting at 15 megabytes and levelling off at 20 megabytes is great. This app is tiny, and its memory usage levels off quickly. Problems arise when memory usage keeps rising forever, typically on the level of giga bytes, i.e. many orders of magnitude bigger! So, don't worry, be happy.

Related