Spyder started launching separate Python application for each console

Viewed 123

I'm running Anaconda Navigator 1.10.0 on Mohave with Spyder 4.1.5.
I've notice in the past week for every console (kernel) I am running, it launches a separate Python app. It's annoying when running multiple consoles and using 'Command + tab' to cycle through apps. I've attached a screenshot showing 'Command + tab' with three consoles running in Spyder.

How do I get rid of these white python icons?

Python 3.6.10 |Anaconda, Inc.| (default, Jan 7 2020, 15:01:53) Type "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.

IPython 7.16.1 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.

enter image description here

1 Answers

It's a Spyder preference setting, but it's actually caused by newer version of matplotlib.

The following prevents multiple Spyder/Python icons appearing in the mac dock:

Use only the IPython inline backend, which can be selected in:
Spyder > Preferences > IPython console > Graphics > Graphics backend

Pulled from:
https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/issues/1645

Related