Java application server recommendations (Glassfish vs TomcatEE vs Wildfly)

Viewed 1404

I am currently starting a new project for a client, its a simple client-server POS terminal for retail. I know we will need Java EE for this, the question now is which application server to implement it on. I have narrowed down my search to Glassfish, TomcatEE, Wildfly and maybe SpringBoot. However after searching for a few days I am more confused then when I started, here is some information I have gathered on the choices.

Tomcat:

  • Lightweight and fast
  • Most widely used
  • Not meant for EE, is built as a web-app server.
  • Not officially EE compatible.

Glassfish:

  • Stable and well documented.
  • Fully featured and certified Java EE app-server.
  • Developed by oracle themselves.
  • Steep learning curve
  • Huge in size

Wildfly:

  • Made by redHat, good quality, features built specifically for enterprise.
  • Easy server configuration (single XML file)
  • Slower? (from what i read)

Spring:

  • Entire framework of program + application server in one.
  • Very fast
  • Steep learning curve

So my question is what do you all use for your JavaEE application servers? any Recommendations?

Many Many thanks in advance for any answers.

0 Answers
Related