I'm trying to create a running line chart where it animates changes and the X and Y axis and the line itself.
I've started with the basic animation explanation at: https://observablehq.com/@d3/learn-d3-animation?collection=@d3/learn-d3
And created my own (see code and link below)
My problem is that as soon as I add the await chartBug.update the Y axis starts flickering.
See animated gif below:
I think I need the await, to wait for the animation to complete before I start the next animation, and control the smooth speed of the animation.
While I'm here I would like also to ask how can I force the axis to draw the start and end ticks.
Thanks for the help
Here's a link to the page on www.observablehq.com
Here's the Animated gif of the problem - the source code is below:

chartBug = {
const svg = d3.create("svg").attr("viewBox", [0, 0, width, height]);
const zx = x.copy(); // x, but with a new domain.
const zy = y.copy(); // x, but with a new domain.
const line = d3
.line()
.x(d => zx(d.date))
.y(d => y(d.close));
const path = svg
.append("path")
.attr("fill", "none")
.attr("stroke", "steelblue")
.attr("stroke-width", 1.5)
.attr("stroke-miterlimit", 1)
.attr("d", line(data));
const gx = svg.append("g").call(xAxis, zx);
const gy = svg.append("g").call(yAxis, y);
return Object.assign(svg.node(), {
update(step) {
const partialData = [];
for (let i = 0; i < step; i++) {
partialData.push(data[i]);
}
const t = svg.transition().duration(50);
zx.domain(d3.extent(partialData, d => d.date));
gx.transition(t).call(xAxis, zx);
zy.domain([0, d3.max(partialData, d => d.close)]);
gy.transition(t).call(yAxis, zy);
path.transition(t).attr("d", line(data));
return t.end();
}
});
}
{
replay2;
for (let i = 0, n = data.length; i < n; ++i) {
await chartBug.update(i);
yield i;
}
}