Best way to upgrade project from Vue2 to Vue3

Viewed 2357

I would like to upgrade my project to vue3

This is a symfony application using vue as independent components on the front side

I have never done a major upgrade before and not too sure what the best procedure would be ?

  • Should I uninstall vue2 then install vue3 ?

  • should I just install vue3 ?

  • should I just modify my package.json directly ?

    "dependencies": {
      "axios": "^0.20.0",
      "elm-pep": "^1.0.6",
      "moment": "^2.27.0",
      "postcss-loader": "^3.0.0",
      "raw-loader": "^4.0.1",
      "svg-url-loader": "^6.0.0",
      "toastr": "^2.1.4",
      "vue": "^2.6.12",
      "vue-date-pick": "^1.4.1",
      "vue-material-design-icons": "^4.9.0",
      "vue2-editor": "^2.10.2",
      "vuelayers": "^0.12.0-dev.9"
    }
    
1 Answers

According to migration guide

INFO
We are still working on a dedicated Migration Build of Vue 3 with Vue 2 compatible behavior and runtime warnings of incompatible usage. If you are planning to migrate a non-trivial Vue 2 app, we strongly recommend waiting for the Migration Build for a smoother experience.

Now it's very hard to migrate manually a large application from Vue 2 because the most libraries have not supported Vue 3 yet like vuelayers. The migration should take in consideration the upgrade of the libraries/components.

Related