I'm trying to write a code to show the user is IN or OUT on the google deployed web app.
The data is recorded in the Google sheet as seen in the screen shot

What Im trying to do is to show the status of an employee on the web-app is he IN or OUT based on the google sheet records.
Here is my code
//Status in/out
function statusIdication(){
var user = Session.getActiveUser().getEmail();
var employee = AdminDirectory.Users.get(user).name.fullName;
var ss = SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet();
var mainSheet = ss.getSheetByName("MAIN");
var lastRow = mainSheet.getLastRow();
var lastColoum = mainSheet.getLastColumn();
for (var j = 1; j <= lastRow; j++){
var mainSheet2 = ss.getSheetByName("MAIN").getRange(j,5).getValues();
var mainSheet3 = ss.getSheetByName("MAIN").getRange(j,1).getValues();
var status = (mainSheet2 =="IN" && mainSheet3 == employee) ;
if (status = true){
var notification = "IN";
Logger.log(notification);
}
else{
var notifaction2 = "OUT";
}
}
}
Example - If last entry of Employee Peter = IN then return status as IN or else OUT.
I'm not sure where i went wrong, I'm getting an empty out put.