I'm having an issue with the Live Server extension for VS Code (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ritwickdey.LiveServer). I'm using WSL 2 for my programming and I have my GitHub repos saved in the Linux filesystems:
\wsl$\Ubuntu\home\myName\Files\GitHub\CSS-My-Site
The issue is that when I make any changes in my project and save, the web page does not automatically reload the way it's supposed to. Now, when I initially run Live Server it does indeed open up my browser and display my page. It just doesn't update after that, I have to refresh manually.
I'm guessing it has something to do with WSL2 because if I move my project folder to my Windows desktop, Live Server works perfectly. I've tried 3 different projects from within the Linux filesystems and none of them update automatically. I've moved all 3 to my desktop, and they auto-refresh just fine. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the extension, and reinstalled VS Code as well.
I've gone through a couple of posts but none of them seem to have my specific issue. The 2 most relevant were:
I am running Mullvad VPN and also tried turning it off and the issue persisted. My system information is below:
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 20H2
Installed on 11/13/2020
OS build 19042.630
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0