Android Studio Selecting Tab shortcut on MacOS malfunction

Viewed 576

for last two years I've been using shortcut to switch between Tabs in Android Studio on Mac. The Shortcut is CMD + Shift + [ / ].

I always have Project Tool window opened on a side.

Today this shortcut started to malfunction. Previously I could switch between tabs as many times I wanted. Now, when I switch once, the main window "lose focus", and when I click it again, tabs in the Project Tool Window, start changing in the dropdown menu.

Is there anyway to restore previous behaviour? I don't remember changing any setting.

I've uploaded that behaviour in the quick video: https://streamable.com/z9t6qb

I keep clicking on the main window to gain focus and start performing shortcut. First time I click it, the tab changes, but then, options from dropdown menu in the Project Tool window change.

EDIT: Two additional screenshots requested

enter image description here

enter image description here

2 Answers

This is apparently a known bug within the entire JetBrains IntelliJ/IDEA codebase that recently popped up, as documented here: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-261595

It is currently marked as fixed, but the Android Studio team will need to get this change into Android Studio for it to be fixed there as well.

It's indeed very annoying as I see it happening as well.

This issue seems to be fixed in the latest Android Studio beta version, Arctic Fox 2020.3.1 Beta 3 (you can run this alongside the stable version of Android Studio).

You can download this here.

Related