The stack I'm using:
- WSL v2:
NAME STATE VERSION
* Ubuntu-18.04 Running 2
Ubuntu-20.04 Stopped 2
- Docker in WSL:
Client: Docker Engine - Community
Version: 19.03.13
API version: 1.40
Go version: go1.13.15
Git commit: 4484c46d9d
Built: Wed Sep 16 17:02:36 2020
OS/Arch: linux/amd64
Experimental: false
Server: Docker Engine - Community
Engine:
Version: 19.03.13
API version: 1.40 (minimum version 1.12)
Go version: go1.13.15
Git commit: 4484c46d9d
Built: Wed Sep 16 17:01:06 2020
OS/Arch: linux/amd64
Experimental: false
containerd:
Version: 1.3.7
GitCommit: 8fba4e9a7d01810a393d5d25a3621dc101981175
runc:
Version: 1.0.0-rc10
GitCommit: dc9208a3303feef5b3839f4323d9beb36df0a9dd
docker-init:
Version: 0.18.0
GitCommit: fec3683
- MongoDB 4.0.8
For MongoDB I'm using the official image:
plonca@KAT-IT-1012:~$ docker run -d -p 27017-27019:27017-27019 --name mongodb_408 mongo:4.0.8
I can log into the container and check that the mongo is running and accessible:
plonca@KAT-IT-1012:~$ docker exec -it mongodb_408 bash
root@5b622e89bfef:/# mongo
MongoDB shell version v4.0.8
connecting to: mongodb://127.0.0.1:27017/?gssapiServiceName=mongodb
Implicit session: session { "id" : UUID("0ae27473-4cc7-4d0d-9976-c922ea58b936") }
MongoDB server version: 4.0.8
Server has startup warnings:
2020-11-26T09:09:56.410+0000 I STORAGE [initandlisten]
2020-11-26T09:09:56.410+0000 I STORAGE [initandlisten] ** WARNING: Using the XFS filesystem is strongly recommended with the WiredTiger storage engine
2020-11-26T09:09:56.410+0000 I STORAGE [initandlisten] ** See http://dochub.mongodb.org/core/prodnotes-filesystem
2020-11-26T09:09:57.140+0000 I CONTROL [initandlisten]
2020-11-26T09:09:57.140+0000 I CONTROL [initandlisten] ** WARNING: Access control is not enabled for the database.
2020-11-26T09:09:57.140+0000 I CONTROL [initandlisten] ** Read and write access to data and configuration is unrestricted.
2020-11-26T09:09:57.140+0000 I CONTROL [initandlisten]
2020-11-26T09:09:57.140+0000 I CONTROL [initandlisten]
2020-11-26T09:09:57.140+0000 I CONTROL [initandlisten] ** WARNING: /sys/kernel/mm/transparent_hugepage/enabled is 'always'.
2020-11-26T09:09:57.140+0000 I CONTROL [initandlisten] ** We suggest setting it to 'never'
2020-11-26T09:09:57.140+0000 I CONTROL [initandlisten]
---
Enable MongoDB's free cloud-based monitoring service, which will then receive and display
metrics about your deployment (disk utilization, CPU, operation statistics, etc).
The monitoring data will be available on a MongoDB website with a unique URL accessible to you
and anyone you share the URL with. MongoDB may use this information to make product
improvements and to suggest MongoDB products and deployment options to you.
To enable free monitoring, run the following command: db.enableFreeMonitoring()
To permanently disable this reminder, run the following command: db.disableFreeMonitoring()
---
>
The Docker seems to be listening on port 27017:
plonca@KAT-IT-1012:~$ sudo netstat -tulpn | grep :27017
tcp6 0 0 :::27017 :::* LISTEN 2114/docker-proxy
However while trying to connect from Mongo Compass (installed on Windows) to mongodb://127.0.0.1:27017 I get this error:
connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:27017
The connection string with container's IP address (mongodb://172.17.0.2:27017) results in a time-out. How can I connect with my MongoDB running in a container from Mongo Compass installed on Windows?




