Google Play console displaying Release not live

Viewed 5595

Usually the when the application gets released in the Internal Channel, the build will get reflected instantly. Within a minute.

But strangely the build is not reflected even after a day. I am using the latest new Google console which displays the status as, ('Release not live' and not 'Being Reviewed')

enter image description here

Can you help to understand the behavior or the cases which might cause this

4 Answers

This was happening to me when published an open beta version, it was the first release so in my case it was not a superseded version problem. I fixed it by completing the "Feedback URL or email address" field in the Open testing > Testers (Tab).

After doing that the status changed from "Release not live" to "Available to unlimited testers" with the green icon.

I've found it by pure luck since Play Console does not indicate where is the problem.

This usually happens when you have a production bundle/apk with a version code greater than the Internal Track's bundle/apk version code. Check if that's the case.

I experienced the same thing. For me I had to complete the "Feedback URL or email address" field as stated above. Also in addition to that I had to go to App content and complete the Privacy Policy step. When I had declared that my app complied with Google Play Policies the status changed from "Release not live" to "Available to unlimited testers". Hope this helps someone.

I had another problem, so I summarize the both fixes.

1. Missing feedback url

Under Testing>Open testing>Testers fill the following

enter image description here

2. Bundle/apk version

Your bundle/apkversion code may be greater than the Internal Track's bundle/apk version code.

If it's your case, you'll have to publish a newer version.

3. Stuck on Publishing overview

If the publishing overview is set to Managed publishing on it wont be released neither.

  1. Go under Publishing overview
  2. Publish the content
    If you do not have any version live now & this was the reason why you were using the Managed publishing
  3. Change managed publishing to off (top right)
  4. Go under >Setup>Advanced Settings
  5. Select Unpublished
  6. Warning: You can download an open testing version only if the app is published enter image description here

Cheers

Related