I'm new to C# and i would really need your help with a project.
The idea is to ask the user for 10 numbers between 1-20. The numbers that the user enters are stored in an array. In the next phase a random number i generated and then the program compare all the numbers that the user previously entered with the random number. If one of numbers matches the program write something like "You win!".
My current solution is okay and working but I want a better exception handling than the current one. Here is my problem:
As you can see in my code below I rely on a loop and try/catch to ensure that the user enters a valid number, but after testing several times I discovered that if you enter a valid input, let say the first time but not the second, the unvalid input is still sent to the for-loop and to the next index. I want to ensure that the user enters a valid number and if not the for-loop would temporarily "pause" until the next VALID number is entered.
bool start = true; //Create a loop.
{
while (start == true)
{
try
{
for (int x = 0; x < vektor.Length; x++) //To fill my array.
{
Console.WriteLine("Enter a number between 1 and 20:");
vektor[x] = int.Parse(Console.ReadLine());
start = false;
}
}
catch
{
Console.WriteLine("Error, you need to enter a number!");
}
}
}