Gitlab: how can I disable email notifications for new commits pushed to merge requests?

Viewed 2079

In Gitlab my notification settings are set to "participate". I am getting tons of emails from Gitlab.

I would like to receive emails regarding new comments on merge requests that I'm participating in. But I would not like to receive an email for every time somebody pushes a commit to an MR that is assigned to me. That results in a huge amount of emails that I simply ignore.

I also wouldn't mind getting an email notification for a commit pushed on a merge request opened by me, but that's just a nice to have.

Looking in the Gitlab notification settings I haven't found a setting to support this. "Custom" settings are simply an extension of "particiapte", which means I still get an email for every little thing that happens on an MR I'm participating in (i.e., every commit). Any ideas?

1 Answers

You can set custom notifications. Just make sure that in addition to changing it to the "Custom" level that you get the list modal in order to deselect the events you don't want to be notified for.

Related