Intellij will create a greyed-out run configuration every time I execute an unsaved run operation from some menu, be that run a unit test, run a maven build, or some other execution from a menu item (there are a lot of ways to get a temporary run configuration).
These unsaved configurations are automatically switched to. Running anything changes the run configuration dropdown box at the top of the IDE, but I never asked for this behavior.
- Is there a way to disable the automatic switching? I want to maintain my selection of the run configuration always and forever, amen. Stop Intellij from switching it for me.
- Is there a way to disable the automatic creation of temporary run configurations, altogether? I never want to be bothered with temporary items in the run configuration inventory that I later feel like I need to clean up. Removes the clutter by never creating them in the first place.

